Monday 12 September 2016

Level 3 games design unit 20
Computer games platforms and technology 

today ill be talking about my gaming console machines, from the first ever one i had to the one i use currently.
My first console: I had a hand held game boy colour as my first console/ handheld and it was great especially because it was my first one and it was easy to get used to. However compared to my current console it cant compare in anything apart from on a nostalgic level. With my Xbox one i can go online and talk to people all around the world at my will so its very revolutionary were as with my game boy handheld you could connect with your friends but only with a cable that you had to plug into yours and your friends game boys. finding someone in your village with a connection cable was hard so its not like you could connect very often if at all. My first game i got was Pokemon yellow and i got it with the game boy i liked it very much even though i didn't understand what i was doing half of the time.
Image result for game boy colourImage result for pokemon yellow game

My current Console: I have a Xbox ONE and a PC (no i'm not spoilt i just have a job) personally i feel like Xbox is more social than PC because a lot of my friends have one and they have a built in feature called parties so you can talk to people even if you aren't playing the same game as them, something the PS3 didn't have at all. and on the PC you can use a program called Skype to talk to all your friends who also have Skype. I play games such as rock band 4, GTA 5, and the backwards compatible games such as call of duty black ops 1 which was a Xbox 360 game but they made it playable on Xbox one.

Image result for xbox oneImage result for gears of war 4 gameplay

The comparison: XBOX one is very different as its got highly better specs such as 1080p at a 1920x1080 resolution and the game boy colour has a 160x144 pixels which is very different 
as it looks very much worse, the screen is so much smaller and on console you can plug it up to any monitor or TV even a 4k TV so you can really see how things have improved in the past 20 years 
the website i used to find this data is https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/Game-Boy-Pocket-Color/Product-information/Technical-data/Technical-data-619585.html

The only advantage of having a game boy is that you can play it on the go so if you're waiting at a bus stop or something you could whip it out and start playing all your favourite classics but you cant really just get out your Xbox mid bus journey and play a quick song on rock band so an Xbox is a fixed console where as a game boy is not that's why its called a handheld.












No comments:

Post a Comment